Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Start of it All

I have decided to start a blog after receiving many request to do so. For those of you who don't know, I am going to South Africa for a yearlong internship. I will be shadowing some of the best sports psychologists in the field. I will mainly be working for a company called MatchWorld as they prepare for the upcoming World Cup. But I will also be working with SA's (South Africa) Olympic Committee, the South African Sports Science Institute, SA's figure skating and ice hockey team, and with their triathlon federation. Needless to say, I am very excited about this opportunity and will make the best out of my time in SA.
One of the wonderful things about this opportunity is the doors that it will open for me in regards to sports psychology. I am planning on going to grad school after this internship adventure and the experience that I will gain over the next year will certainly help to prepare me for it. I am also stoked because I will be at the World Cup, both as a fan and an employee. For those of you who know me, you know how passionate I am about my soccer. Being in South Africa for a year, I will be able to witness firsthand the buildup to the World Cup and the excitement and buzz during the event. This is cool stuff!
It is my goal to keep my blog posts as interesting as possible. I have had the pleasure of following a few of my friend's blogs and they have done a fabulous job. It is fun to see photos and videos. My friend Rowena has done a great job with her blog and I enjoy seeing her new pictures, videos and blurbs. If at any point my blog becomes redundant and boring please don't hesitate to tell me. I will do my best to fix it. Maybe I will add videos of baboons chasing me.. that is always quite a site!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful/like going in someone's life. I APPRECIATE THE phoyographs/Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPWENING/I AM creating a new blog on yours/co-mingling blogs/damn

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I WANT IS FOR PEOPLE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG/SO i'M NETWORKING in hopes of finding interesting folks

    ReplyDelete