Monday, October 5, 2009

On the road again..

Hello friends,

Goeie more (good morning in Afrikaans). I hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to my first professional rugby match on Saturday. It was a blast and I am now addicted. :-) I actually will be practicing with a team on Wednesday. I just can't keep away from sports for too long, they keep me sane. I am a Blue Bulls fan, if anyone is wondering. Also, I recently discovered that the US has a national women's rugby team. Maybe it's not too late to pursue becoming a professional athlete after-all! ........... Just kidding Mom and Dad..... you can breath again.


Lisa, Kate, and I watching the Bulls annihilate the Griquas.
Thanks to Lisa for the awesome tickets!

On Monday I will be moving to Cape Town to work at the Sports Science Institute, I will be there for about 2 months working on a child outreach program. I will drive to Cape Town with Lynray (Ezlyn's brother). It will be a 10-13 hour drive depending on traffic, road construction, and the amount of stops we decide to make. Also, I will be driving on the opposite side of the road than what I am used to. That should be an interesting experience. The car is a manual and being that people drive on the opposite side of the road in SA, the drivers side is also opposite and you shift with your left hand. This is a strange thing to get used to.

Cape Town is a great city and I am looking forward to spending some time there. But I am sad to leave the friends that I have recently made in Johannesburg, I will be back soon though!



For the last few days I have been craving Starbucks coffee like nobodies business. There is not a single Starbucks in South Africa!!! Can you believe that? Damn. Instant coffee is very popular in SA, and it hasn't been quenching my coffee cravings. Tish is going to send me a care package though. She is a life saver! Thanks buddy!


That's all for now.

Gesondheid! (Cheers)

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment