Thursday, October 8, 2009

Profession: Rugby Player

Last night I practiced with a local women's rugby team. I was under the assumption that this would be a kick-around women's fun league type thing. I have never been more wrong in my life! We were put through intense drills, sprints, etc. There was also a full-on coach. After practice (which was a blast and a great work-out) the coach came up to me and said that he was bummed that I was moving to Cape Town for two months, but that he would be there next week and could bring my paycheck with him. MY PAYCHECK!?!?!?!?! My jaw must have hit the ground. I was, and still am, in shock. Apparently you are paid per practice and per match to play on that team. The team is affiliated to the Lions, which is a men's pro team. I practiced with a women's semi-pro team and was paid for it, as a walk on. Crazy sauce. Does this make me a professional athlete? I think so. :-)

Life is good my friends.. too good.

2 comments: