Friday, November 13, 2009

No snow for me

Hello,

After a few worried text messages from my parents, I have decided to delete my last post. My parent's think thought that it was "unprofessional." I don't want to look bad, I just wanted to be honest about what was happening to me. I think that people can learn from the situation that I was in, it was certainly a learning experience for me.

Other than that hiccup, things are going well. I am very excited because Tish is back in South Africa. She is currently in Johannesburg, but will be in Cape Town in December. I am counting down the days until I can see her! She called me yesterday, it was great to hear a familiar voice. Finally, a friend from "home" that is back in her homeland. If that makes any sense at all... it does to me. Another friend of mine from college, Rhaea, is coming. She will be here in January, she is busy trying to plan a trip for the three of us. She is quite a world traveller.

Time has been flying since I have been here. I can hardly believe that I have been here for two months already. It feels strange to not be packing my ski bags and getting ready to head to Colorado for a Thanksgiving training camp with Olin/Lacasse Ski Racing School and other training camps with Sierra Nevada College. I am missing the snow and skiing already. I knew that I would miss it, I just didn't expect that it would happen so soon. I wish all of my ski racing buddies and the kids that I have coached the best of luck this season. Remember, skiing is supposed to be fun! Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in training and forget why you love the sport. Keep smiling! And take a few runs for me! :-)

Since I cannot ski here, I am trying to find new hobbies. I have been practicing the guitar and I am trying to write my own music. It is a difficult process, and I have a newfound respect for professional musicians. I also just met someone who plays indoor soccer. They need another girl on their team, so I will play with them sometime next week. All of you know how much I love soccer, so there really is no need to go into detail about excited I am to play. Haha. If anyone has any other suggestions on healthy, let me repeat, HEALTHY hobbies, please let me know. I think I will become obsessive about my diet and excercise again. Why not. It is bathing suit (or "costume" as the South African's like to say) season here.

I hope everyone is doing well. Please keep in touch, I love hearing about what you all are up to.

Much love,

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment