Sunday, September 20, 2009

House Music

Dear diary,

Last night/this morning I went to my first rave. It was pretty sweet, but crazy. It is everything I ever imagined a rave to be like. I have found that house music is very popular here. In fact, it is pretty much all that I have listened to while in the car with Ezlyn and her friends. It was also the only thing being played at the club. I have to say that it grows on you for a while, and then it all just begins to sound the same. But I may change my opinion of it as time goes on and more house music is forced into my ears. ;) It is just different than what I am used to I suppose.

After not sleeping a wink last night, I am a bit tired this morning. But I still managed to make scrambled eggs and pancakes for everyone this morning for brunch. People in SA like to put ice cream on their pancakes, did I mention that I really like it here? Ice cream is a favorite food of mine. And since I am talking about food, everything I have eaten here has been wonderful. Estee (Mrs. Barends) is a very good cook and I certainly wont be going hungry anytime soon. Maybe it is time to once again pull my running shoes out of retirement.

Ezlyn's friends are an awesome bunch. I met a lot of them yesterday and I look forward to spending some more time with them. Maybe next time I can introduce them to some "real" music, like Tegan and Sara.

Keeping it real in Johannesburg,

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment