Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sun, Surf and Sand

I am currently sitting in the Matchworld office surrounded by signed jerseys, sports posters, and Coke bottles. There is a TV that is playing a soccer match and there are people walking around in rugby jerseys. I am in sports heaven. :-) One of the projects that I am currently working on is called Tour de Vino. It is a bike race through wine country. It is both a road race and a mountain bike race, there will be 4,000 participants! I will have another entry explaining more about what I am doing work-wise another time.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Ezlyn and I are off to Durban. It is a sub-tropical city that sits on the Indian Ocean. It is known for good surfing and lots of fun in the sun. Tomorrow (Thursday) is a public holiday in South Africa. It is Heritage Day and national Braai (BBQ) day. People are really into Braais here. They even have a website dedicated to Braai. Here is the website: http://braai4heritage.co.za/ I am currently downloading the Braai song, which was recorded by a collaboration of famous musicians in SA. It's catchy.

Ezlyn and I will be meeting up with one of her friends that is doing her residency in Durban. I am excited to jump on a surfboard again, it has been a while. The ocean that I will be in is known for having a high population of sharks, so if you don't hear from me for a while it means that Jaws won. Just kidding Mom..


Here is your random South African fact for the day:

When people say something will be done "just now" what they really mean is it will be done later on. When they say that something will be done "now" it means that it will happen in a little while. When they say something will be done "now now" it will be done at that moment. Don't make the mistake of standing around when someone promises you something "just now", you run the risk of looking like an idiot. Not that I know this from personal experience or anything. :)

Have a good weekend! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment